Monday, September 28, 2015

Meal Prep Day


It’s that time again: Meal Prep Day!  I have come to enjoy my Sundays so much.  I love prepping my foods while relaxing with the family.  It gets me ready for the week to come, ensures that I will have delicious meals all week, and that I will continue to fuel my body so that it doesn’t let me down!

For breakfast, I’ve been alternating oatmeal and Cajun turkey omelets, but this week I was craving something a little different.  Omelet muffins won out.  These are SUPER easy to make and can be customized to suit any taste.

(Makes 12 muffins) – Beat 12 eggs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.  I like to do steamed spinach, Cajun turkey, and cheese.  My husband likes sausage in his, so I did a few of those as well.  Spray muffin tin then add in veggies and meat.  Top with shredded cheese. 

  

Slowly pour in egg mixture.  Leave a little room at the top, as these expand while they cook.  Cook at 350 for 18-20 minutes.  Allow to cool, then remove from pan. One serving = 2 muffins (only 171 calories for both) these are awesome with fruit or salsa!


I like lunches that are easy to reheat and include a protein, veggie and carb.  It seems to keep me satisfied so much longer, and it fuels my lunch time runs.  I enjoy alternating between chicken and fish during the week.


 
This week, I decided to add sweet potatoes into the mix.  I love a baked sweet potato but it is so hard to bake one then try to reheat it (if you’ve never tried it, I wouldn’t recommend it – not the best quality).  By roasting these sweet potatoes, I can take them with me and enjoy all week.

I start by peeling the sweet potatoes, then dicing them (I usually slice the sweet potato in half length-wise, then again long ways, then dice).  I tossed these in Tuscan olive oil from one of my favorite local vendors, but an olive oil will do.  Just use enough to coat well.  I topped with paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper.  Feel free to season these to match your preference.  At our house, we LOVE garlic, so it and paprika go on just about everything!
These will cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes (flipping about 7-10 minutes in).
 
Since I seem to not be able to ever get enough broccoli, I have it included as well.  Broccoli is so good for you.  I eat mine plain, but feel free to experiment with different flavor combinations.  Sometimes I enjoy lemon vinegar on mine – it’s delicious without adding a ton of fat.

My mid-day snack is half a peanut butter sandwich with a gala apple.
And I have room to have a salad (1 cup spring mix + 2 TBSP dressing) for an additional snack, or add it to dinner.  Dinner is (as usual) a protein, veggie, and carb.

I absolutely LOVE that a couple hours on Sunday results in meals for me all week!

Pictured here are my breakfasts, morning snack, and lunch.  Each with a serving of fruit.  Not pictured are my salads, nor my daily superfood shake.
 
What are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment