Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Meal Prep Time

 
Mmm, meal prep time!  I absolutely LOVE prepping my foods in advance so that I can stay on track throughout the week.  Of course, there are meals I cook "live" simply because I have time (and they are quick and simple meals) at dinner.

We were on vacation last week and arrived home to a very sparsely stocked kitchen and pantry.  However, since my freezer is filled with fish, shrimp, veggies, and other basics, I was able to toss together a quick week worth of breakfast, snack, lunch & dinner in less than an hour, which is great because I had a ton of laundry to take care of!

 
I absolutely LOVE my homemade oatmeal - it is so easy to make a big batch, portion it out, and grab-n-go each morning.  Breakfast is usually oatmeal with a side of fruit (this week, it's canned pineapple, did I mention I hadn't had time to go shopping?)
 
My after workout go-to is Chocolate Shakeology  - I blend it with ice & water. My husband likes his with a banana & peanut butter, blended with milk.  Either way, it's a great post-workout treat!
 
Another one of my favorite breakfast foods is my Cajun Omelet.  Cajun turkey, broccoli, and Swiss cheese make this a wonderful breakfast (and sometimes even dinner!).  I whisk one egg and 4 egg whites (1 red container for you 21 Day Fixers) together.  Season to taste.  I cook in a non-stick pan, so I don't add any fats.  Let set, then flip. 
 
 
Add 3/4 cup diced Boar's Head Cajun Turkey (1 red) and 1 cup diced broccoli (1 green). 
 
  Top with 1 oz (blue) Boar's Head Baby Swiss Cheese.  I'm serious - this is AMAZING!!
 
 

For lunch, I alternate between Chicken Burrito Salad Jars 
 
 

 
And Cajun shrimp (or tilapia) with broccoli & peas.  Nothing fancy, but it gets me a serving of protein (red) and 2 greens!  Plus, this keeps all week without losing its flavor, which is an absolute MUST for me.

 
 
My snacks this week are either Hot & Sour Soup (seriously, WE LOVE THIS STUFF!!  It is super easy to make and we go through it so quickly. It was a great option for coming back home to a very empty fridge!) or an apple with peanut butter.
 
 
Dinner is either the fish/shrimp combo listed above or Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with zucchini & rice (if I have the time once I get home).
 

 
This is one of my favorite go-to meals.  It's super simple, cooks quickly, and requires very little effort, but tastes amazing!  Seriously, look at that bubbly cheese! 
 
 

The great thing about this meal is it reheats well, so if I get tired of my other lunch options, I can always take these leftovers the next day!
 
Last but certainly not least, my kids LOVE Taco Tuesday.  The typical options are usually heavy in calories and low in nutrients.  Our spin adds a bit of the good stuff so that I can feel better about what we are eating (and I stay on my meal plan!)
 
 
 
These are awesome!  We use small corn tortillas (2 count as 1 yellow) topped with chopped romaine (1 green), salsa (1 purple), and some taco meat (1 red).  If I haven't already used my blue container, I also love adding 1/4 sliced avocado and Frank's Red Hot (I seriously put that * on everything!!)  If I am lacking on my green portions, I will add a side salad.  (When we feel like it, we do plain Greek yogurt on these as well - tastes just like sour cream without the guilt!)
 
So, what are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment