Monday, October 12, 2015

Meal Prep Madness 10.11.15


Sundays are always my favorite day of the week.  I love the extra down time with my family and I love being able to knock out all of my meal prep for the week ahead (plus, I get to rock the super cute apron my brother gave me for Christmas!).  When I first started prepping, it was overwhelming; however, these days it's pretty relaxing.  I've learned what foods I enjoy eating (and which keep all week!), which veggies reheat the best, which combination of foods makes me feel the best, and how to cook it as quickly as possible, so that I can get back to my family time.

My husband and I both LOVE hot & sour soup, so I decided to cook two big batches for us.  He loves mushrooms (me, not so much), so I did one with mushroom and one without.  This smelled SO good simmering yesterday!  (The best part of this soup, is for my 21 Day Fix friends, one serving is 1 green, 1/2 red, and 1 tsp)
 

I'm still obsessed with omelet muffins, so I made another batch this weekend.  I am slightly addicted to Cajun turkey omelets, so I just took that basis and made these.  (The great thing about this recipe is you can switch them ingredients up to personal preference  in your household - and these freeze really well.  Just pop in the microwave for 45-60 seconds and enjoy!)

 
 
 
This batch was made with 1/2 lb Boar's Head Cajun Turkey (diced), 1 red bell pepper (diced), 3 jalapenos (diced) cooked over medium heat (as you would for an omelet). 

Once cooked, add to greased muffin tin.  Beat 12 eggs, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt together.  Pour over turkey and peppers and cook at 375 for 20 minutes, or until eggs are set. That's it.  Super simple breakfast or mid-day snack! 

Lunch this week consists of zucchini noodles with ground turkey (with red pepper flakes - yum!) and Shrimp salad mason jars.  Both are simple easy to make (seriously, spend the $10 on a Veggeti, lol)

 
 
 
This week, I am rocking oatmeal & banana, omelet muffins, zucchini & turkey, Balsamic shrimp salad, hummus with celery, and hot and sour soup.  As always, dinners will be cooked at home each night, but that's just my personal preference.  I love cooking and really enjoy making dinner with the kids.  I plan our meals out, we just don't pre-cook them. 

I hope this gives you some ideas for your own meal prep! What are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment